If you are chosen as the person responsible for making funeral arrangements, you would contact Lincoln Family Funerals to start planning the funeral. This would give Lincoln Family Funerals the authority to make contact with the hospital, nursing home or Coroners to take your loved one into our care. We would receive our instructions directly from you, so other members of the family would consult with you. At the time of the funeral arrangement, the funeral consultant will go through every detail with you and will leave you with a fully itemised account.
Your will need to consider some of the following:
- Would your loved one have wished for a burial or cremation?
- Do they already own a grave?
- Which Cemetery or Crematorium do you wish to book?
- Will the ashes be scattered, interred or taken home?
- Do you wish to purchase several urns?
- What type of service do you require?
- Would you prefer a Viewing or Rosary?
- Do you want to hold the Funeral Service in a Church, at the Cemetery Chapel or in our Chapel?
- Which Church do you want the Funeral Service held in?
- Will you require Clergy or Celebrant for the Funeral Service?
- Is there a special selection of music you wish to have?
- Will you place a Death Notification in the newspaper?
- In which newspaper would you like to place a Funeral Notice?
- Will you have a photographic or video tribute?
- Do you prefer a casket or coffin?
- Do you prefer a timber or metal casket?
- Will the floral tribute be a floral cross or a sheaf?
- Do family members expect you to order sympathy flowers on their behalf?
- Who will be the pallbearers?
- Who will deliver the eulogy?
- Will you collect donations on behalf of a hospital, church or organisation?
- Do you wish to release doves or balloons?
- Do you require a candle box for the grave till the monument is built? (Orthodox clients)
- Will you have a Memorial Book so that friends and family can sign the register?
- Would you like Memorial Cards?
- Do you require refreshments after the Funeral Service?
- Will you have a Funeral Service before repatriation interstate or overseas?
- Who do you nominate as the Consignee?
- Will family be travelling interstate or overseas with the deceased?
For more information about making funeral arrangements, feel free to contact us on 1300 761 461.
Lincoln Family Funerals offers Affordable Cremations with reasonable Funeral Prices. We have our own chapel in Craigieburn, however we use many funeral venues. See our Funeral Chapel Venues page. It doesn’t matter if you are after a Simple Funeral or one with all the bells and whistles, we can take care of all the details.
a href=”http://www.onlinefuneralquotes.com.au” target=”_blank”>Online Funeral Quotes – How much does a funeral cost? – funeral quote